Tuesday 2 September 2014

3 months to go!

It was like waiting for this day forever, and now, it is just 3 months away... Yes, my D-Day is only 3 months away. I am already too nervous, so many thoughts crowding my head. One thought leads to another and then I have to divert myself to not think about things and save myself from the tension. It is really difficult to keep calm!



Being a bride-to-be brings forward so many emotions, like all my fellow brides, I am going through the same. Whenever I think about the wedding, the first thought that comes to my mind is the idea of having all attention on you. I have always been a shy girl, finding it a bit difficult to gel up with people, and the fact that hundreds of eyes will be on you, witnessing every single movement of yours is a bit scary. I wish I could just run towards the stage rather than walking slowly, or probably I could just enter from behind the stage, no need to cross the passage. Coming back to reality, I have no option, I will have to walk the stage and face that thing I dread the most. But then, the thought of Mr. R standing on the stage would be enough to give me courage to cross the hurdle. there is no happiness in the world to be be person who brings out the best in you, does his best to keep you smiling, fulfilling all your wishes, and treating you like a queen. That love is way beyond the fear of crossing those hundred eyes.

Here is the first update of my weeding, things done and left to do-

1. VENUE- The venue has been booked. The caterer and decorator has to be chosen from the panel. 
2. WEDDING LEHENGA- Booked, will be delivered in November
3. HONEYMOON-Waiting for passport and then the booking will be made.
4. GUEST LIST-  The list keeps changing everyday, with additions and deletions, which relatives to be called in which function.
5.  TROUSSEAU- The suits and sarees are done, left with 3 party wear suits. Done with footwear, lingerie and hand bags. Have to start hunting for the wedding shoes and clutches. The suits and blouses are yet to be given for stitching. I absolutely hate giving measurements, then checking and rechecking the fittings.. Aarrgghhh...
6. PRE-BRIDAL/BRIDAL- The makeup artist has been booked, she will take care of both.
7.  INVITATION CARDSYet to start!
8.  JEWELRY- We will be going to check gold jewelry this weekend. I won't buy any heavy stuff, just light ones that won't make me look overdressed or "obvious newly-wed." The artificial jewelry has been done.
9. CHOODA/KALEERE- I got my wedding chooda and kaleere on my visit to Chandigarh last month. I am so in love with my chooda, can't wait to wear it.
10. SAVE THE DATE- Save the date cards have been sent to friends.


PENDING STUFF- Will buy winterwear, dresses, beachwear, cosmetics by end of  October/ beginning of November. Have to finalize the mehendi artist this month itself. The engagement rings will be finalized by October. The wedding photographer will be finalized this month.

Quite a few tasks are done, and many still left, but then, most of it is the family's responsibility and time for me to chill!

4 comments:

  1. Ms. A. just relax and go with the flow. Things will happen when they are suppose to happen. So chill and enjoy this courtship period.

    Ofcourse, all the eyes will be on you because its your wedding. Do not worry, just walk with confidence to the love of your life standing on the stage and I am sure Mr. R. will take good care of you.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure Mr. R will do a fantastic job, that's precisely why he is "The One" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh its so much fun to read all this.. It reminds me off my wedding planning. Its good that you have finalized most important things your wedding outfit way in advance :)
    Dont worry about entrance, I was also very nervous but all you could see in front is cameramen and their lights flashing on your face. And for sure first time when you look at groom waiting for you on stage gives butterflies in stomach... I was so nervous with eyes on me and boy was smiling like anything (most happy soul around the venue). Ours eye meet and he gave me a big smile and made me felt that I am looking beautiful with this eyes gesture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww.. that is so sweet... God bless this beautiful couple. I am actually waiting to witness this moment, and it will be here pretty soon :)

    ReplyDelete

First Rakshabandhan as Mrs. Jain!!!

Hello lovely readers, I am sure all of you had a great Rakshabandhan. Most of us are still not over the festival. I was too lazy to get u...